This course aims to support teachers in the effective support and teaching of pupils with English as an Additional Language (EAL).
Teachers’ Standards, Part 2, states that teachers should: 2 – Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils 5 – Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils 6 – Make accurate and productive use of assessment The course aims to:
- Raise awareness of the issues affecting EAL learners and barriers to progress
- Encourage inclusion: Culture and identity
- Increase understanding of the use of language across the curriculum
- Support planning for learning and for language development of beginner and advanced learners
- Demonstrate methods of assessing pupils learning English as an additional language
Book by 22nd July 2019 and receive a 5% discount!
Open to all Bexley and non-Bexley Leaders and Teachers